Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Continuing Saga of a Small Brazilian Dove--Pt II

November 7th; Adelaide's Casa, Brazil--
In a recent post, I introduced a small Brazilian dove mother whom I said was sitting on one egg. I had taken Uncle Bob's word for the single egg; as it turns out, there were two eggs in that nest! No more; now there are two little, half-naked, fuzzy chicks!

I noted, when we returned from visiting Bob's friends in Sao Jose de Campos, that the mother dove seemed to be sitting higher in her nest than before we left. Sure enough, she was semi-standing over the product of her incubation! As I sought to get a photo of her new attitude, she flew out of her nest. The good thing was that this gave me an opportunity to get up closer and view what was the reason for her new positioning.

Now I shall take periodic photos depicting the development of these two chicks, hopefully even a video of the mother feeding them. And, hopefully, of these new creatures making their first solo flight!! [Do baby doves take flight instructions?]
 

Dream on, Grumpy, dream on.

No comments:

Post a Comment