Friday, April 25, 2014

Seafood On the Potomac

25 April 2014; Colonial Beach VA--
This evening, Ward & Peggie and I went out to eat at a French-Thai restaurant in this little village of Colonial Beach. Near here was born two of our early Presidents (John Monroe and James Madison); our First President, George Washington grew up not far away; and Robert E. Lee was born South of here aways.

This seafood restaurant is noted [by Ward, no less!] for its delicious crab cakes -- they contain lots of real crab meat! They also offer a wide variety of seafood, including swordfish steak, halibut steak and tuna steak. I had a tuna steak dinner this night -- medium rare! [I had never heard of having a fish steak cooked any way other than and unspoken, "well done". But since I was asked my preference, I decided to give it a try. It was OK, but the next time, I think I will have it done
"medium" if not "well done"!]

As we were finishing our meal and eating our dessert [I had the specialty, coconut ice cream], we spotted this swan serenely paddling his way downstream past some pilings.

After dinner, Ward drove us along the shoreline and upstream along the Potomac where we sighted this sunset and a Peregrine Falcon coming in for a landing on someone's hapless boat. [Think fish parts strewn below where this master fisher-bird eats his/her dinner.]

No comments:

Post a Comment