27 April 2014; Historic Truro Anglican --
I felt extra-specially blessed this Sunday when I attended Holy Communion services in historic old Truro Anglican Church in Fairfax VA, with long-time friends Kathy and Jim, and with my God-Daughter, Sara.
This church facility includes the rectory (parsonage) next door in which a Union General ostensibly rode his horse up the steps and into the house to capture a Confederate General who was still in bed.
The Truro Church congregation voted virtually-unanimously many years ago to disaffiliate from the U.S. Episcopal church. It had become evident to them that the Episcopal church was adopting doctrine which Truro believed was un-Biblical.
Since then, other former Episcopal-affiliated congregations have similarly voted to withdraw. These congregations, in the U.S. and Canada, have become united in a new Anglican Province called the Anglican Communion in North America [ACNA] I am one of the original members of a congregation that left an Episcopal church and established Emmanuel Anglican; we worship in facilities belonging to (and shared with) Grace Baptist Church in the Ballard area. Emmanuel is one of the parishes that make up the Cascadia Diocese of ACNA.
Sharing worship services and having Communion with this large (2,000+?) and lively congregation, and with these dear friends of mine was a very moving experience. I shed not a few tears of joy as I reflected on the way God has blessed me, and blessed this people by having His truth regularly preached.
After "another cup of coffee" on the church grounds, we went to a Mexican restaurant to have Sunday lunch.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment