Friday, January 31, 2014

Addendum to: "January Stupidity Report"

31 January 2014; Grumpy's Castle --
I must confess that I left out a VERY IMPORTANT event in my last POST. This was the visit by Uncle Bob and me to see my Great-Great Grandson Gunner! Now how could I have overlooked such a joyous occasion? Since Uncle Bob left this past Wednesday (29 January) for the more benign weather [supposedly!!] of Alabama, I can blame him for my forgetting to include the Great-Great Grandson visit. [And just in case he reads this POST and denies that he is at fault, I shall then invoke the excuse that my new Operating System performed the transposition of fault.]

Yes, we did indeed go up to visit the G-GGson Gunner and his lovely Mother Joshlynn. She remains one of the most proud parents on Planet Earth. And why shouldn't she be? After all she has performed what no other descendant of mine has been able to do -- as of this date, anyway. [I am looking forward to the possibility that another of my Great Grandchildren may eventually succeed in doing the same: Presenting me with more Great-Great Grandchildren. What a five-generation photo-op that would be!!]

But enough of my day-dreaming! What we did while visiting was eat from a splendid Italian-cuisine lunch-time menu. Gunner, bored either with the lack of his favorite food, or perhaps bored with the incessant adult conversation that went on around him, took a nap.

He was awake later, however, to be in this photo of him with his Mother and his Great-Great Uncle Bob. I look forward to many more opportunities to visit with him and his Mother during the coming Spring and Summer. I also anticipate an opportunity to take him and his Mother up in the Mooney for a really historic airplane flight! Photographic evidence may not do this event justice; we shall see. Stay tuned!


 And, by the way, this addendum does not fall into the "Stupidity" category; the only thing stupid about it is that I was stupid to have forgotten to include it in the original January report POST.

No comments:

Post a Comment