Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Elder Abuse Continues

Tuesday, 28 Jan 2009; Unincorporated King County--
This week started out just like most weeks: pretty good, considering the advanced age of the author of this BLOG. Grumpy was adequately fed by the Grand Mother, the youngest Grandson was not here to give his Grandpa a bad time -- all seemed well!

But it was not to last! First of all, #2 son (who lives nearby and thus takes advantage of opportunities to stay on his Mother's -- the Grand Mother's -- side by mewling over the delicious things she bakes for him and by pointing out that which she cannot see -- and would otherwise overlook! -- that Grumpy does -- or says -- for which she would disapprove) ... where was I? Oh yes, first of all, #2 son started by recalling some long-past and best-forgotten incident wherein "accidents happened", which left a bad taste in other peoples' mouths. Later, he went on to fully expand on his initial hints of the juicy story -- all of this with total disregard to any attempt by me to quietly dismiss the entire episode, much to the dismay of his Father, Grumpy!!

Then today, the Grand Mother presented Grumpy with the final blow to his hopes of recovering from his depression this week by presenting him with the T-Shirt shown in the attached photograph. This from the woman who, for the past nearly 60 years, I have allowed to wash my dirty socks and pick up my mislaid tools and other miscellany! The woman to whom I have given the best years of my life.

[OK! OK! So, maybe there were many of my worst, as well.]
[But, I still love her, no matter what she says! NOTE, I said, " ... no matter what she says!" I didn't mention anything about no matter what she does!]

No comments:

Post a Comment