I found a neat resource at the IRS website: all the forms and instructions that I used to battle bums down at the Federal Building on 3rd Avenue in Seattle to collect before I could do my taxes (two or three 1040's for different people, two 1041's for the two trusts for which the Wife and I are Trustees). Now the forms on the internet are even better! I can fill them out and THEN print them!! It's called something like "editing permission" -- you can't change most things on the forms, but you can fill in the blanks.
Anyway, I use an EXCEL spreadsheet format that I have refined over the years to do the math and logic stuff for the 1041's (I used to do that for the 1040's before TaxCut program came along) and then transpose the numbers over onto the pdf forms from the internet. EASY!! (relatively, that is)
So now I am done with all of the taxes for 2006 --YIPPEE!!! -- except Adolfo's -- he wants to get a nephew added to his dependents first.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You'd better check out your Wednesday blog posting. It looks like it got posted twice. I don't know what you can do about it. Maybe you can delete one, but be prepared for having to re-post it if deleting one actually deletes both of them.
ReplyDeleteYou're right! I don't know how that happened. Anyway, I was apparently successful in deleting it -- at least so far there is one from Wednesday still there! Ha! ha!
ReplyDelete