Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Day -- and the Other Regret

Christmas Day 2013; Around the Sound ... still --
The youngest Daughter called me to "invite" me to take her out for a Christmas dinner. How could I refuse?

Finding the usual eating places like Applebee's closed for the day, we ended up at 1400 having turkey and trimmin's at a fine restaurant* in one of the better hotels. The dinner included a very large helping of turkey breast and dressing, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet potato, and mixed green vegetables. This was topped off with a piece of pie.

After this mid-afternoon feast, and after depositing Daughter back at her residence, I arrived back at the Castle where I got a call from Nancy Nurse (remember her? I had Lutefisk dinner there yesterday!). Nancy said she had a ten-pound Prime Rib Roast that would be coming out of the oven in about half an hour; would I be interested? How could I refuse?

35 or 40 minutes later, with the Lemon Meringue pie I had absconded with the day before and my normal needs in case I stayed overnight, I arrived just in time to sit down to a monster feast of Prime Rib, boiled potato and mixed steamed vegetables. Some similarity in the side dishes from the day before was to be expected.

For dessert, we had our choice of Apple pie (the kind that won the Blue Ribbon at the Evergreen Fair), Pumpkin pie, and of course my 2/3 remnant of yesterday's LMP. I checked with The Nurse as to whether she had Tums on board; she assured me that she was sure she did.  I inhaled the 2/3's "remnant" of the Lemon Meringue pie [... didn't want it to go to waste -- I'd rather have it go to my waist!]. I also had (to have!) a small slice of that Blue Ribbon Apple pie.

After watching a very interesting documentary about the Bible versus the Book of Mormon, I asked for a couple Tums so I could go to bed. This was for sure going to be a "Two Tum" night, after all of the food I had had this cay -- including 2/3's of a big Lemon Meringue pie.

Oops! No Tums in the house! Oh my!! Oh dear!! Oh, regrets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment