Monday, August 8, 2011

84-Year Survival

8 August 2011; Grumpy's Castle --
In the beginning, Grumpy was born in a little green house perched on a small hillside near the middle of a half-section homestead in southern Ziebach County, South Dakota. The day was Monday, August 8th 1927. I was the third child of my parents, with an older Sister and Brother. Once in my callow youth I said I wanted to live to be 100. [Good Lord, help me!! I may make it!]

Today I celebrated my 84th birthday in fine style:
First, breakfast with oldest daughter, Susan, husband Steven and Granddaughter Rachel.











Next, lunch with sixty-year family friend, Margaret.

Then, dinner this evening with youngest Granddaughter Olivia and her Dad.
Of course at all of these meals Grumpy was accompanied by his Child-Bride Elynor, with whom he celebrated our 63rd wedding anniversary in June.

And now you know that Grumpy (Great Grumpy) was married when he was still 20 years old!

And he hopes to stay married for another 16 years --- at least!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Grandpa! Sounds like you celebrated in fine style.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go!
    Happy Birthday Grampa.

    ReplyDelete