Saturday, 6 February 2009; Kirkland WA --
The Grand Mother and Grumpy drove to Kirkland on this day to celebrate the life of Paul's Mother's life. Martha Brandal passed away this past week after a short but painful illness. But this post is more about a happy time during the reception afterwards, when three little cousins were observed in some not-so-quiet moments.



Here, the three (Malachi 4 1/2, Gracie-Mae 2 and Amos 3) were noticed sitting on the fireplace hearth sharing some of the goodies served at the reception. First Malachi tempts Gracie-Mae with a morsel with Amos observing (or turning away in disgust?!?), then Amos takes a turn at trying to give Gracie-Mae a bite; finally (below), the two brothers appear to just give up on trying to feed their little girl cousin.

Later, the three came over to sit at the table with the adults and Malachi started the following conversation:
Gracie-Mae just slobbers on her food!
She just slobbers on her food? Is that right!
Uh huh!! She just slobbers on her food! And then she wants me to eat it -- Ye-e-uckk!!
(Pause ...)
But Amos likes it!!
The above photos of the participants were taken by their Aunt Ruth and no children were permanently harmed in the making of this posting.

What happened to your new Sony camera?
ReplyDeleteDon't tell me you took these pictures with that one.
According to Picasa, you used a camera by Casio Computer Co .LTD.
I opened one of the pictures because it appears that all of them have a pinkish hue.
But it appears that the flash was also engaged, so my trick for color-adjusting has been trumped.
A. I still have my new Sony Alpha camera. This particular day it was sitting in Grandma's rocking chair -- at home!! Essential to the use of such a fine camera is a memory that impresses upon its owner to "bring the camera!!"
ReplyDeleteB. I'm not sure what Ruth's camera is -- I'll believe a Casio.
C. What do you mean about the color-adjusting trick having been trumped?
I was referring, rather obliquely, to my latest post at amboyobserver having to do with using Picasa to adjust a photo's color profile to "neutral" so that white is white etc...
ReplyDeleteWhat happens with the flash is that the foreground subjects get lit quite intensely by what the camera is prepared to consider "white" light.
Meanwhile things that are a bit further off are more influenced by the light coming from fixtures in the room (typically incandescent or fluorescent), which is undoubtedly a different color than the camera's flash.
I attempted to cancel-out the pink in one of your photos, but was unable to easily do so, I think because the flash colored all the white spots that I would normally use to "gauge" the tint of the photo.
I'll do another exposition on the subject in my next post.
Essentially my conclusion will be: built-in camera flash is the digital photographer's nemesis.