Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Frustrations by Two Grandsons

Tuesday, 14 October 2oo8 ---

It is a well-known fact [the Grand Mother reminds me] that I have 23 Grandchildren (now the Grand Mother says I have remembered it wrong!? I dunno; I have a bunch and they are all handsome, beautiful and smart!). I can't remember how many Grandsons I have, but there are two who persistently give me the most "lip" -- good-naturedly, of course, but "lip" nonetheless.

This morning, my youngest Grandson, Ramiro, was "on my case" as usual, getting me in trouble with the Grand Mother (his self-appointed mission in life, it seems) and Grumpy was trying his best to behave himself. Ramiro announced to Grumpy "You're going to drive me to school today!"

"I am? Why aren't you going to ride the bus?" Asked Grumpy, somewhat surprised.

"I don't like the bus; I don't like the driver and I don't like the other kids on the bus -- they are all 'little' kids -- you know, confused elementary students; they're just like Grandpa only he's older and gray-headed."

"You know, young man, you are just like your cousin Lief!" grumbled Grumpy.

" -- it's in the blood!" said Ramiro dismissively.

So now what is Grumpy going to do, with two Grandsons like that? Grumpy thought that he only had to contend with that kind of sassiness when he was on a cross-country back pack trip. Here it is right in the middle of his Castle.

And the Grand Mother is not doing a thing about it.


8 comments:

  1. If he is just like Lief, he's going to turn out just fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Campbell's:
    Ooh! ooh! ooh!
    You have obviously not been on the receiving end of a long monologue of "Lief-ilosophy" muttered from somewhere in the back of a single-file line of tired, sweaty back-packers during a 100-foot elevation gain at an Oxygen-deprived altitude.

    Toward the end of a hard day of hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would you expect from a tired, hot hiker following a bunch of smelly hot hikers because he had to stay back to always retrieve forgotten gloves! Do NOT criticize MY grandsons. They are the best things that ever happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [NOTE TO READERS: The above comment is NOT from the same "Anonymous" as previously heard from under "A Minor Surgery ..., posted 3 Oct 2008". Anonymous is far more fearful!!]
    (Grumpy Z, trembling)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You have obviously not been on the receiving end of a long monologue of "Lief-ilosophy"etc....

    You are right about that!! Camping and backpacking...ick!!!

    My earlier opinion still stands :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Campbell's (at least the better half, I think.):
    You say, "Camping and backpacking...ick!!!"; Ick? Ick?! You don't know what joys you are missing: to get to go backpacking and camping with someone like Blief in the woods. Why he attracts all sorts of wild and woolly animals -- one dark and rainy night, some furry friend stole into our camp and chewed the rawhide laces out of my moccasins! Blief laughed about me having them along in the first place but I don't think he has stopped laughing about the look on Grumpy's face the next morning when he put those moccasins on -- well, what was left of them -- and tried to go into the woods (behind a bush) for his morning -- uh, -- his wake-up refreshment.

    No, Margie, I fear your assessment of your dear Nephew is blurred by your obvious love for him. [And stop agreeing with the Grand Mother; I'm in enough trouble already!]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that's my story and I am stickin' to it. And I am stickin' with Lief too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. [Good for you!!]
    s/s Someone using Grumpy's computer -- oh! oh!

    ReplyDelete