August 8, 2008 (also, 08/08/08!)--unincorporated King County.
The month of August started with a visit to the Family Doctor who finished looking me over, listening to my old ticker and lungs and finally declaring that I seemed fit for some more mileage.
Then he told me he wanted me to have a blood test ..... "But I just had one!", I objected. He checked his computer screen, and then said, "Oh! Here it is; hmm-mm! Um-hm! I see; everything is 'right down the middle'!! If there had been something out of range, I would have been alerted and would have seen this before I saw you!" Then he went on to explain that he hardly ever sees a patient whose blood test is "perfect"!
So, here I am well on my way to being a full-blown octogenarian!! Keep the toys picked up so I don't stumble on them and break any bones. And if you don't, at least keep the small ones out of earshot -- Grumpy wouldn't want to teach them any bad words!

Happy Birthday Grandpa.
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed calling or writing on the day of.
It's on my calendar, and I was watching it coming for several days.
By the way, what's it take to be a "full-blown" octogenarian?
Glad to hear your blood is problem-free.
A "full-blown" Octogenarian is one who either, 1) Is a person who has reached the age of more than eighty (80) years, or, 2) Is a typical older male who, after eating a healthy meal of baked beans, is careless about his manners.
ReplyDeleteIt is arguable under which of the above, Grumpy qualifies. Probably both.